Igor Tandetnik wrote:
> "Nikolaus Rath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> What happens if
>>
>> 1. I prepare and execute a select statement
>> 2. I retrieve a couple of rows
>> 3. I execute a new query that would change the result of the
>>    query in 1
>
> On the same connection, I assume.
>
>> 4. I continue to retrieve the results of 1)
>>
>> Will I get the results as if step 3 hasn't happened, is the result
>> undefined, or will my result set somehow be updated?
>
> You may or may not see the changes introduced by step 3. E.g. if step 3
> updates a record that you've already visited, you naturally won't visit
> it again and thus won't see the changes. But if it updates a record you
> haven't visited yet, when you get to it you will see the new data.

Hmmm, that does not seem right, but what do I know. The reason I say
this is because if the update change a column value on a record the
would cause it to ne not selected or it changes some other that had not
been selected before but would be after the change I'm not sure how
these would magically get included or excluded.

I assume the when you make a query your results on in a set of data the
is private to your session/connection and that other transactions on the
database can not change you private data. But I'm not an expert on this
stuff.

-Steve