I've got a problem here regarding file name encoding under Linux: when you
say that file names feed to sqlite3_open() functions should be encoded in
UTF-8, do you really mean that?

I mean, as far as I can tell, under Linux, the file name submitted to
program by the user should be the one directly passed to APIs like open(),
with no encoding conversions required. e.g., if the current locale is
zh_CN.GB18030, (simplified Chinese, encoded in China national standard
encoding GB18030), then the file name argument passed to the program is
encoded in GB18030, and this exact byte stream (without any encodig
conversion) shoud be passed to system APIs. Correct me if I'm wrong here,
please.

So if I convert the file name from current locale encoding to UTF-8, then
the SQLite library code will need to convert it back before pass it to
system APIs, do the SQLite developers really implement it that way?

--
宋浩
Song, Hao