Christophe Leske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> i am in need for a like statement which correctly
> resolves diacritic charcaters.

> can anyone help? I am on Windows XP and ideally
> looking for a precompiled version of the DLL.

Don't know about any Download-Links for precompiled
sqlite3.dll-binaries for Windows with builtin
ICU-support.

But if you could live with accessing SQLite through
my COM-Wrapper (an ActiveX-Dll), then you would
not need to search further.

Don't know, what your Dev-Environment is -
since the Wrapper is COM-based, it is best
supported for usage under VB6 - but VC++
(using ATL) should also be possible.
If you want it for usage in .NET, then there's
COM-Interop-support, to bind the Dll this way.

But maybe Robert Simpsons .NET-Wrapper has
builtin Unicode-support for the Like-Statement
too - then this would be the more direct way
to use the SQLite-engine with that framework.

Anyway, my wrapper has builtin Unicode-aware
overrides for Like and the NoCase-Collation -
and all sorts of builtin unicode-capable string-
functions (similar as in the JET-engine) as:
InStr(), Mid(), Left(), Right(), Format(), etc.
also a RatCliff-Function is included, optimized
for german language, as well as a bunch of Math-
and Date-Functions)

If you want to play around with it, the download
is here:
www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/dhRichClientDemo.zip
The redist-binaries and the Demo-Source are in
the Public-Domain and consist of three Dlls:

sqlite35_engine.dll (243kByte)
(an amalgamation-compile, version 3.5.9 with
 StdCall-Calling-Convention - Non-ActX-Dll)

DirectCOM.dll (21kByte)
(a small Helper-Dll for registryless Instantiation
 of COM-Objects - also a Non-ActX-Dll)

dhRichClient.dll (425kByte)
(this is the AxtiveX-COM-Wrapper with builtin
 Win-Unicode-Support, usage mostly ADO-like,
 this Dll has also a builtin Applicationserver,
 using a runtime-adjustable ThreadPool with
 fast Socket-Transfers due to support for FastLZ-
 Compression + strong-encryption on the binary
 protocol with Diffie-Hellman-Auth + WinUser-
 Context-Switching at the serverside, Demos for
 fast SQLite-Recordset-transfers in a Client/Server-
 scenario are included)

So, if COM-interfaces are no K.O.-criterion
for you, then give it a try... ;-)

Olaf Schmidt