Chrome is built heavily on Gears... all SQLite all the way.

On another note, one of the reasons why Chrome may not yet be
available on Macs, in spite of using WebKit as its rendering engine,
is that Gears is not yet available on Macs via Safari (Gears can be
used on Macs via FF). So, this implies that Gears on Macs via Safari
and Chrome on Macs should appear simultaneously.