Lothar Behrens wrote:

> I have added this function right after sqlite3_step, that does the
> prepared insert statement.
>
>      int nReturn = sqlite3_step((sqlite3_stmt*)(*start));
>
>         int autocommit = sqlite3_get_autocommit(m_pDatabase);
>
>         if (autocommit == 0) {
>               wxLogError(_("Warning: Database is not in autocommit mode.\n"));
>         }
>
> autocommit is always 1. Also I have thested the following:
>
> Open the application and opening the form to display first row -> no
> jornal file is opened, because no write is yet done.
>
> Adding some rows and navigating forward and backbackward -> jornal
> file is opened and I can see my data in the application.

The fact that a journal file exists at this point implies that you are
still in a transaction. If you close the database without committing
this transaction, the changes that you can see in your application will
be rolled back and lost (see H12019 at
http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/close.html).

Can you add a function to check the auto commit status in your main line
code (i.e. where you are navigating and viewing the data)?

Dennis Cote