>> It only works on a Mac.  The build fails on other posix platforms.
>
> Then of course, it should only be enabled on Macs.

Yes, I humbly agree. Can it please be enabled by default in the source
so that when compiled on a Mac, it will enable opening of files on a
network volume, in the same way as does the SQLite distributed with
Mac OS X? This will facilitate consistency between default and user
compiled SQLite, and facilitate this functionality across the board
for the Mac OS X binary download on the SQLite web site, through to
all the GUI programs that use the Zentus (or other) JDBC plug ins.
Seems to be a simple fix with many rewards.

Thanks,
Tom
BareFeet

  --
Compare SQLite GUI programs for Mac OS X:
http://www.tandb.com.au/sqlite/compare/?ml