I have been trying to understand if and how it is it possible for me
to install SQLite, but due to my little knowledge I find no way.
Also, no information at all is given on the official site, apart from
a general "installation is trivial: just copy the sqlite or sqlite.exe
executable to the target machine and run it".[1]

I have my own site hosted on a shared linux server[2][3] (of which I
have no direct control) which I can access with ftp.
Where exactly should I place the SQLite file, and which file should I
grab. please?
Then, how do I "run" it?

Another tutorial[4] says: "Get a copy of the prebuilt binaries for
your machine, or get a copy of the sources and compile them yourself."
As I do not exactly know what compiling is, I targeted the
"Precompiled Binaries for Linux"[5], but there I found 4 different
things.
Which of them would be the right one in order to try and use for my
own php site, please?

I understand that most users here are already super-experts, who do
not need any advice.
Is there a real (as opposed to [4]) tutorial for beginners, please?

Luigi

----
[1] http://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html
[2] http://webx18.aruba.it/ver.php