I am addicted to using INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT as the id
fields in my SQLite projects, yet I would like to try some triggers as
well.  Of course, every time I add a trigger that accesses a table
with  these types of id fields, all sorts of odd things happen.  I
read in the documentation about simply using PRIMARY KEY instead of
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, but then I lose my AUTOINCREMENT ability.

Does anyone have a solution that both provides AUTOINCREMENT (or a
reasonable facsimile) to a PRIMARY KEY field and allows the usage of
triggers on those tables?

Thank you very much.

Craig Smith