Shane Harrelson schrieb:
> Sorry for the late reply.   I use both the ActiveTCL and the Cygwin
> distributions for testing on Windows.
> It should be noted that both versions have limitations that will cause
> "false positives" in the test suite.
>
> Be on the look out especially for problems with 64-integers and floating
> point values.
> I believe the ActiveTCL distribution uses a 3 digit mantissa to display
> floating point values
> which throws off the checking in the test suite.
That sounds strange.

Might be more an issue with Tcl 8.4 vs. Tcl 8.5. Tcl 8.5 has a totally
revamped floating point handling, so that there should be no loss of
precision when converting a floating point through a string rep anymore (and
Tcl got big integer support based on libtommath as a side effect).

Cygwin is not really a supported platform for Tcl anymore and the port is
old and strange.

So, guess you should use the ActiveTcl 8.5 offering, unless DRH recommends
something older than Tcl 8.5 (which is the current stable branch while 8.4
is getting its last update soon).

Michael

--
Michael Schlenker
Software Engineer

CONTACT Software GmbH           Tel.:   +49 (421) 20153-80
Wiener Straße 1-3               Fax:    +49 (421) 20153-41
28359 Bremen
http://www.contact.de/          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bremen
Geschäftsführer: Karl Heinz Zachries, Ralf Holtgrefe
Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Bremen unter HRB 13215