Hello,

I use an SQLite database to fill a virtual list control in Windows. In
this control, I just tell the control the numer of my elements and the
control tells me for which range data is needed.

For example I set:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM keywords;

to tell the control the numer of elements. Now, I get "caching messages"
which tell me what range will be needed next, for example iFrom=500 and
iTo=520.

In this case I do just a:

"SELECT keyword FROM keywords ORDER BY keyword LIMIT %d, %d", iFrom,
iTo-iFrom.

The result is stored into a std::map as a cache, and when requested, the
appropriate element is displayed.

So far, so good.

But I have the problem that I want to be able to search in the list. In
this case, Windows sends a message with "te" (if the string "te" should
be found) and I need to hand back the *position* of the found data.

I have no idea how to do this. In fact, I need to know the position (the
same position that I would give the LIMIT statement) for a specific
result set.

I hope you can understand me. Is there a way to implement this?

Thank you very much!
Luke

PS: The data may also be composed of a more complex statement (with JOINs).