Igor Tandetnik schrieb:
> "Lukas Haase" <lukasha...@gmx.at> wrote in
> message news:gkat07$n2...@ger.gmane.org
>> I use an SQLite database to fill a virtual list control in Windows. In
>> this control, I just tell the control the numer of my elements and the
>> control tells me for which range data is needed.
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ScrollingCursor

Thank you, I did not know this.

But unfortunately this does not help in my situation. I do not simply
"page" up and down a fixed numer of rows.

The problem is that *Windows* tells me which indexes need to be shown.

This means: Windows just tells me: "From your 1000 elements, I want to
have number 599". To get it a little bit better, Windows *additionally*
tells me which elements I should cache (e.g. if possible, cache number
450 to 500).

However, I solved this, even if not so performant, according to your link.

The actual problem is the find-function: From my 1000-elements
resultset, I need to pass to Windows that index (between 1 and 1000!)
that fits best to the search criterion.

And there I have exactly no clue how to do this.

If I could add a kind of auto index from 1...1000 to my resultset, I
could try something like this:

SELECT AUTO_ID(), keyword, '%search'
FROM keywords
WHERE keyword = '%search'

but the problem is the missing AUTO_ID() functionality.

Is there any hope to successfully implement the search function?

Luke