Hello,

I am looking into porting the latest SQLite to an embedded platform running
a commercial real-time operating system. I'd like to use as much of the
existing regression test code as possible to ensure the port is correct but
unfortunately the target environment does not have Tcl.

The host environment is Windows and we will have a host-target link (via
serial or telnet) to a CLI (a port of sqlite3) on the target. At present I
am thinking about writing scripts that send SQL over the serial link and
capture the response.

Can anyone suggest a testing approach that would allow us to make use of the
existing regression test code without having Tcl on the target system?

Should I give serious consideration to porting Tcl just to run the
regression tests?

Thanks,
John