I have some complex queries that take a long time.  Is there a tool that
can tell me which steps in the query are taking the longest?  I'm
thinking of output similar to the EXPLAIN or EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN that
would annotate the tables/indices/VM instructions with how long that
portion of the query took.

I've tried using ANALYZE and it makes some of the queries faster but
some slower.  I've also noticed that SQLite really prefers subselects to
joins.  I've read the material on the web that describes the query
optimizer but I still have a hard time knowing how to decide whether to
force an order on operations and what that order should be.  Does anyone
have any hints?

Thanks so much,

-c

--
Christopher Mason   Proteome Software    (503) 244-6027