On 1/26/09, Mike McGonagle <mjm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, the datatypes are going to be varied, but I am sure the sizes
>  are the things I need to consider.

I am not totally sure what you mean by "datatypes are going to be
varied." The datatype for all the entries is going to be "blob."

Perhaps you are referring to the type of "media" (wav file, midi file,
mp3, image, etc.) that would be stored as a blob... well, that has
nothing to do with the database.

The database is just a store... you put data in it, and it faithfully
gives you back the same data quickly and efficiently. What you do with
it is up to you. Perhaps you can store the "type of media" (or call it
whatever you want to) as an attribute of the blob, and use that
attribute to figure out what to do with the data once it is pulled out
of the table.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org/
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/