On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Christian Werner <c...@ch-werner.de> wrote:

[snip]

> In order to enable loading an extension the SQLite API
> sqlite_enable_load_extension() must be called but there's
> currently no method to call it from Java code for
> security reasons.
>
> HTH,
> Christian

Thanks Christian for the hint.

I understand that for SQLite to enable this by default is a security issue,
which could allow attackers to load malicious libraries.

So I recompiled the SQLite Java Wrapper/JDBC Driver:

CFLAGS=-DSQLITE_ENABLE_LOAD_EXTENSION=1 ./configure
--with-sqlite3=/tmp/sqlite-3.6.11/
make

This does the job, it allows me to load the mentioned shared library
with SQLite Java
Wrapper/JDBC Driver. But after apparently successfully loading the library any
operation on the database I executed after the loading of the library led to
SIGSEGV. I will have to take a closer look at the hs_err_whatever.log file and
i will write, if i have further insights.

TNX,
Bejay