Jean-Christophe Deschamps wrote:
> I'd like to have the group opinion about a feature I would find utterly
> useful in _standard_ SQLite.

You are aware that "standard" SQLite is used in devices with a few
kilobytes of memory through workstations and servers with gigabytes of it!

As far as I can tell you want some extra "standard" collation sequences
and propose shortcuts that will get them mostly right.  And you want
someone else to write the code!

SQLite makes it very easy to have extensions and to register them.  For
example see http://sqlite.org/c3ref/auto_extension.html

Generally the best approach would be to produce the code as an
extension, document and test it well and then add to the contributions
page at http://sqlite.org/contrib - once enough developers have used it
and vouched for its utility then it would be far easier to lobby for
incorporation into the "standard" SQLite.

For you to convince me of the utility of the code, you'd need to list
which locales it gets right and which it gets wrong.  Software can seem
pretty dumb to users almost getting some things right.

Roger