sorry, I don't know if it is allowed to end a transaction
from a different connection than the one that obtained
the lock.
I would not recommend that, sounds a bit unhealthy from the
application point of view. I'm pretty sure that a transaction is
partly connection related since sqlite will still allow to do
inserts/selects on this connection meanwhile other connections
are locked. so, doing a COMMIT from a different connection might
fail, I guess.
ehm.. this commit from the other connection was successful?

Marcus