On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:14:43PM -0500, P Kishor wrote:
> If I can't improve 33 ms per query, then I can experiment with

33ms per-query sounds like you're not caching enough of the database in
memory.  What's the cache size?  Can you jack it up?  Does the entire
dataset fit in memory?  If so, why isn't it all in memory?  Or if it is
all in memory, what's SQLite3 spending its time on?

Can you profile your application?  You could use DTrace if on Solaris,
FreeBSD or MacOS X (actually, there's an early port of DTrace to Linux
too that I hear is usable).

Nico