On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:07:17 -0500, Nicolas Williams
<nicolas.willi...@sun.com> wrote:

>But the thing is, you might just set the cache size large enough and let
>it warm up as you go -- the effect should be the same if your DB doesn't
>grow very fast.
>
>>  [Puneet:] Also, isn't there a 2 GB limit to the amount of RAM
>>  that 32-bit processes can address?
>
>Even so, 1GB of cache is much better than the 2000 page (x 1KB page
>size == 2MB) default.

I second this.

By the way, the SQLite team is changing the cache purging
strategy between 3.6.11 and 3.6.12 (e.g. checkin 6341
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=6341 ).

The effect would be that often used pages (like non-leaf
index pages) are retained, which could reduce I/O.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )