Dave,

Regarding: "I understand what a deadlock is, and I know it's not
technically a deadlock. This is why I stated the title as deadlock
behavior."

My apologies, Dave. I thought there might actually have been a
difference in definition that was adding to your problem.   After your
reply, though, I see that I had *not* actually seen your original post
as I thought I had.

Worse, I don't have the knowledge to help you much with your actual
problem (interpret stack trace, etc.) other than to say that others have
had success with multi-threaded apps though I understand they can be
vexing.

Am I right that you've determined for certain that you finalized and
committed on one thread yet still receive the BUSY for some time when
polling from the other thread?

Hoping you and those more knowledgeable on this list than I  will work
out a fix shortly,
   Donald