From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of jkim...@one.net
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 10:23 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] SQLite spawns multiple processes?

I'm running a embedded SQL C application (SQLite v3.6.13) on an embedded
platform (Coldfire) running Linux 2.6.25 kernel. Something odd I've
noticed is that when my application reaches the point of calling dbopen
it
spawns a new process, with the same name as my application, so that the
process list always shows two of my application running.

Why is this? Is this normal behaviour?

My application talks (via a socket) to a "backend" process that is
multithreaded and also reads/writes to the database and each thread
creates two processes.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this just something SQLite does
normally? I'm having problems with my application that seem to jump
around
and are definately memory corruption related so I'm wondering if I'm
doing
something wrong with the DB and causing this.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated...