On 2 Jun 2009, at 5:33pm, Rodrigo Faccioli wrote:

> mpi

Which of the many things called 'mpi' are you talking about ?  A URL
will be good.

> Is it possible to employ sqlite in mpi application? Example: I have a
> computer which is a dual-core and my program works with mpi. Its
> goal is to
> calculate and store it on text file. So, I want to change from text
> file to
> SQLite.

Anything that can do library calls can do SQLite calls.  Can you
compile the SQLite library for your platform ?  Or find a precompiled
binary ?

> Another question refers to PostgreSQL and SQLite. I've read that
> SQLite
> doesn't work with client-server applications.

You may have not have understood this correctly.  PostgreSQL itself
runs as a client-server application.  The SQL server runs on one
computer and many client computers talk give it SQL commands.  All the
SQL data is stored on the server, not the client computers.  This is
very useful if you have lots of different computers that need to
access the same data at the same time.

SQLite is a stand-alone library: each application accesses it's own
data kept on the computer the application is running on.  There's
nothing to stop you from using SQLite in either part of a client-
server application you are writing: either of those programs might
need to store data locally.  It works fine.

Simon.