On 14 Jun 2009, at 2:23pm, Kermit Mei wrote:

> I want to create a new table, its primary key is an int 'id' column,
> but
> I don't want to insert the data by hand, I hope the system can
> generate
> it by adding id.
>
> For example,
> mytable(id, name, age)
>
> When I insert name and age, the id is generated automatically.

Just don't mention the id column when you insert data:

INSERT INTO mytable (name, age) VALUES ('Frank', 18)

> How can I import data from a file, and SPECIFY the column?

The above might answer your question, but if it doesn't, we probably
need to know how you are doing your importing: are you writing your
own software or using a tool we're all familiar with ?

Simon.