On Jul 6, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Andy Froncioni wrote:

>> You will need to build from the source tarball (the one with the
>> unsupported configure script), not the amalgamation package for
>> this to work.
>
> Thanks a bunch.  I'll try that...
>
> But I don't remember reading that the tarball I used was not suitable
> for these
> compile options.  Where does it say this?

At http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html under section 1.6, it says you
cannot use SQLITE_OMIT_ compile-time options with the amalgamation.
The documentation never says you cannot use
SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT with the amalgamation, but it
should, since SQLITE_ENABLE_ is really just SQLITE_OMIT_ with the
default behavior inverted, and so SQLITE_ENABLE_ will not work with
the amalgamation for exactly the same reason that SQLITE_OMIT_ will not.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com