On Jul 7, 2009, at 1:56 AM, Andy Froncioni wrote:

>> On Jul 6, 2009, at 11:08 PM, Andy Froncioni wrote:
>>
>>> I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get
>>> a simple UPDATE...LIMIT query working.
>>>
>>> sqlite> UPDATE customers SET lock=1 WHERE lock!=1 LIMIT 10;
>>> SQL error: near "LIMIT": syntax error
>>>

>>> I have compiled sqlite3 with the following configure options:
>>>
>>> % CFLAGS="-Os -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE=1 -
>>> DSQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT=1" ./configure
>>>
>>> And, yes, I'm sure I'm executing the freshly-compiled sqlite3, and
>>> not
>>> the system-installed version.  :-)
>>
>> You will need to build from the source tarball (the one with the
>> unsupported configure script), not the amalgamation package for
>> this to work.
>
> Do you know if it's possible to convert an amalgamation package so
> that
> it supports compile options?   I'm trying to get the perl module
> DBD:SQLite
> to compile and include RTREE and UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT.
>
> Any ideas?   I tried putting a
>
> #define SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT 1
>
> into sqlite3.h, but that didn't work.  :(

The makefiles in the full source tarball support a target "sqlite3.c".
Build this target with SQLITE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT defined. Then use
the resulting sqlite3.c file in the perl DBD build.

You will need to specify SQLITE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT when compiling
the special sqlite3.c as part of the DBD build as well.

Dan.