On 8 Jul 2009, at 9:48am, Neville Franks wrote:

> A proper backup program that opened the file for r/o, non-exclusive
> use may be able to copy the file.

But under many operating systems it runs the risk of copying the first
half of the file, then allowing a change to be made, then copying the
second half of the file.  This would give you a corrupt database.  If
you want to make sure your copy is not corrupt, use an exclusive lock.

> I thought SQLite has a live backup capability now. Surely that is the
> best way to handle this.

Yep.  You have to use C code to use it.  It can't be done from the
command-line tool.  The programming time required might mean it's not
'best'.

Simon.