Hello,

I apologize for posting the message on the development mailing list.

Yes, it was a mistake in transcribing the code : the line actually looks
like this:

sqlite3_open("/var/ptudata/ptu.db", &db_handle);

I think I found the problem though.

If you have a look at the while loop it was coded incorrectly by the
previous developer of the system.  If the table is locked by another
process the sqlite3_exec will through an error.  With the while loop we
retry 100 times to execute the query before breaking out of the loop.
But in the example it will break out after only doing it once.

I am currently retesting will keep you up to date.

Maybe you can assist with another problem.

When an error message is returned by sqlite3_exec the documentation
states that you have to call sqlite3_free (sqlite3_free(void*)).

My question is the following:

Where do I get the void pointer from?

Regards

Otto