Can you say Oracle? :-)

Along this same line, and based on a few years of using SQLite and following
the messages on this list, here's my two cents worth.

First a disclaimer: I have no knowledge of the detailed implementation and
architecture of SQLite, other than by inference from discussions on this
list.  I did look at the source once long, long ago, and quickly decided,
life is too short.

With the background of the never ending drumbeat of "feature, feature,
feature..." on this list as a reason, I wonder if the structure of SQLite
could be "enhanced" to better support the "plug-in" concept, aka: as with
Firefox, IGoogle, and the like for instance.

This would allow SQLite (the module) to remain true to its roots (i.e. the
"three choices") but better support those who desire to enhance SQLite
through the use of both plug-ins and wrappers.  This could better address a
broader range of applications and allow the developer to selectively "bloat"
the final result with only those features required for the project at hand.

One thing that would greatly enhance concurrency (the most heard feature
request?) would be to implement a finer grained locking structure in the
base module.  Currently you can either lock or unlock the database, period.

All modern database implementations lock to, at a minimum, the the "record"
(row) level.  The implications of record level locking is pretty obvious
related to concurrency.  With finer grained locking implmenting multi user
"server" wrappers and plug-ins would be better facilitated and allow the
base SQLite module to remain true to the three choices.

Fred