On 09/23/2009 11:16 PM, mcnamaragio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would anyone be interested in sqlite profiler? If yes what features would
> you expect from it?
>
> Thank you.

Yes, I would be interested. A high level breakdown of what SQLite is
doing, and the time it's taking to do it would be useful for me - e.g.
"finding appropriate rows from index, 3.123 seconds, grouping by rows
and summing column, 2.456 seconds, ordering column by that sum, 2.987
seconds, taking top 10 rows, 0.123 seconds, joining to table B, 0.927
seconds" would be kind of what I'd be hoping for.

As for features, I wouldn't want much beyond the above. It wouldn't have
to be graphical, or need to attach to a running query / SQLite session
or anything like that for it to be useful to me.

I can probably find most of the "what is SQLite doing" info by looking
at the "EXPLAIN" output, but so far I haven't put any effort into
learning the opcodes. It seems like that output is a little more
low-level than what I'd really want, and it doesn't give me the running
time of each phase. Not to say that it isn't useful, but a profiler that
fits somewhere in between "EXPLAIN" and "EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN" would be
great for my needs.

George.