On Sep 25, 2009, at 11:02 AM, John Lynch wrote:

> page size is max (32768).  These sqlt files are around 100Gig with 200
> million rows.
> I have query_cache set to 0.
>
> I am running single queries against these attach tables and then
> putting the
> data in memcached.  The script runs thousands of queries before it
> runs out
> of memory.  If I use the same width table ( a product of all 3
> attached
> tables, flattened into 1 table) and run it with the same script I
> have no
> memory issues.  I am hoping there is something I am missing with
> caching and
> attach.  Maybe a pragma or something?

SQLite's memory usage should be self-limiting.  No special pragma
settings required.  You can reduce the amount of memory requested by
using:

     PRAGMA main.cache_size=10;

Repeat this for each of the attached databases.  But even if you don't
do this, the cache size should be 2000 pages which is only about 64MB
for each attached database.

What does sqlite3_mem_used() and sqlite3_mem_highwater() tell you
about SQLite's memory usage?  Are you sure that it is SQLite and not
your perl script that is using the memory?

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com