Igor Tandetnik writes:
 > Steve Lianoglou wrote:
 > > So I'm building a db with some RTree indices to store genome
 > > information. Among other things, I have an RTree index to store the
 > > start/end positions of genes on chromosomes. The problem is that the
 > > numbers stored in the RTree aren't the ones I'm entering, sometimes
 > > they can be several base pairs (int values) off.
 >
 > This has been discussed just the other day:
 >
 > http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg47004.html

Wow, there must be an outbreak of SQLite-genome-itis going around.

I've successfully built an SQLite DB of UCSC's snp130 data using an
rtree_i32 virtual table.

Try creating the rtree with something like this (from memory):

  create virtual table my_index using rtree_i32 (
    id,
    etc....
  );

I'd still like to know if rtree_i32 is considered "supported" or
likely to disappear, or....  If it's going to stay around it'd be nice
to mention it on the rtree page.  If there's some problem lurking
behind the corner it'd be nice to know that too.

g.