Rick Ratchford <r...@amazingaccuracy.com>
wrote:
> While your math works, I'm still puzzled as to how you came up with
> this.
>
> ((Month - StartMth)*100 + (Day - StartDay) + 1300) % 1300 <=
> ((EndMth  - StartMth)* 100 + (EndDay - StartDay) + 1300) % 1300
>

> With this...
>
> ((Month - StartMth)*100 + (Day - StartDay) + 1300) % 1300
>
> The result will equal 0 if the Start MM/DD equals that of the record
> tested. For each day following, the result is some fraction below 1.

What do you mean, a fraction? All operations in this expression are integral
(that is, given integer operands, they produce a result that's also an integer).
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be
dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925