It appears to be up to date.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of O'Neill, Owen
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:45 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: [sqlite] shared cache mode and 'LOCKED'

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know if this page is still up to date with respect to when
you get "SQLITE_LOCKED" when operating in shared cache mode ?
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=DatabaseIsLocked

(I'm trying to solve a two writers problem and am trying to understand
the best way to solve it)
(and I think part of my problem is not understanding the difference
between  'locked' and 'busy' )

I've seen the notify example here.
http://www.sqlite.org/unlock_notify.html

and a 'busy' example here
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=MultiThreading
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SampleCode

Is it possible for something to be 'locked' then after being unlocked at
it tries again it gets 'busy' ?

Should my re-try strategy be the same or different for 'busy' and
'locked'.... and I guess if I get SQLITE_IOERR_BLOCKED
(http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/busy_handler.html) I should always back off
and wait a while ?

Any tips for the 'best' way to tackle this gratefully received.

(I have one thread writing a lot but it can block for a 'long' time and
still be ok (up to 5 seconds) - and another one mostly reading and doing
a few occasional writes, but it can't block for long (>250ms) because
it's servicing the UI and repainting will stop.)

many thanks
Owen