Hello!

On Friday 06 November 2009 09:31:11 Gary_Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Alexey thanks for the prompt answer. I saw your extension and tried
> it in the Spatialite GUI. The trial worked well in the GUI and it is
> useful for messaging environments. However I am still not sure what the
> recommended way of compiling it is.
>
> - Should it be compiled when compiling SQLite or is it (normally)
> compiled alone afterwards?

I'm compile it as part of my own SQLite build. The debian lenny repository
is here:
deb http://mobigroup.ru/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://mobigroup.ru/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

> - What is the order of compiling?
> - First http://mobigroup.ru/files/sqlite-ext/iconv/ extension. Compile
> as gcc -fPIC -lm -shared ../iconv/iconv.c virtualtext.c -o
> libsqlitevirtualtext.so

This command compile both extensions and you can already load
libsqlitevirtualtext.so library to SQLite.

> - Virtualtext extension. Compile as gcc -fPIC -lm -shared virtualtext.c
> -o libsqlitevirtualtext.so.

See above.

> - I assume that both *.c files are put into the SQLite directory for
> compiling. Does "../iconv/iconv.c" from the compile commands mean that
> iconv stores in a sub-directory?

Yes, the file ../iconv/iconv.c is stored in other directory. Of cource you can
put
iconv.c and iconv.h files from http://mobigroup.ru/files/sqlite-ext/iconv/
to the virtualtext directory and compile as

gcc -fPIC -lm -shared iconv.c virtualtext.c -o libsqlitevirtualtext.so

The iconv may be useful without virtualtext extension and so I did place it
in the different directory.

Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/