On Nov 18, 2009, at 1:25 PM, presta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if shared cache and read uncommited isolation level with
> asyncronous I/O enabled is possible ?

I haven't tried, but I assume it is possible. The two features don't
really interact.

> In sqlite3async.c I see a shared mutex between read and write
> operations, so
> I doubt that it is possible to have real concurrency between read and
> write...

Each shared-cache has its own mutex. The mutex is held for the duration
of each sqlite3_step() call. So the way you're defining it here, you
can't have "real" concurrency when using shared-cache mode in any case.

However, using asynchronous IO allows sqlite3_step() to return more
quickly when writing to the database file (because it doesn't actually
do IO, just adds writes to a write-queue that is serviced by a
background
thread.

Dan.