I have two threads in a Linux process using sqlite 3.6.12 in shared cache mode.

One thread opens the database file in read only mode (sqlite3_open_v2()), sets
to read uncommitted and only ever performs selects from the database.

The other thread inserts, updates and deletes rows from the database.  On
occasion the return code of SQLITE_BUSY is returned from sqlite3_step().  Is
this possible with the other thread in read only mode?   I have a busy handler
installed but I would like to understand what's going on here.

TIA