I have been trying out a number of SQLite managers, one test being the
execution time for the same query on the same database on the same computer.
The scattering of results was very surprising with a spread on the order of
10:1.  I followed up with one of the developers and he was able to identify the
cause and give me a patch to accelerate his product. What he found was that
those competing products that executed the fastest were using an old version of
SQLite while the slowest ones used the latest. He was able to identify a speed
regression occurring at 3.6.18. His patch was to replace my sqlite3.dll from
3.6.22 with one from 3.6.17. I confirmed the improvement in speed.

The query involves the UNION ALL of 5 SELECTs of 4 tables with INNER JOINS plus
a self-JOIN on 2 of the SELECTs and an ORDER BY on 1 field.

Regards,
Tom