"Max Vlasov" <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:7cb963ca1001120149u550da7fr56cfc0ed261a9...@mail.gmail.com...
> ... Are you sure you have
> identical tests for your comparison? I mean these are the same data sets
> with the same scheme?

Absolutely, errr, to the best of my knowledge. Same database, same query,
but different SQLite managers having different versions of SQLite. But the
fact that the SQLite manager is different is immaterial - the developer of
one of them was the one to identify that it is the SQLite version that is
the controlling variable: 3.6.17 and somewhat earlier - better; 3.6.18 and
later - worse.

The volatility of SQLite performance over these version changes and with the
use of ANALYZE is very disquieting for me. The database structure is that of
a popular genealogy software. Having run ANALYZE, now not only has my
fastest query been degraded by 70:1, so has the speed of the 'owner'
software in generating its reports.

Attention needs to be paid to what changed between 3.6.17 and 3.6.18 that
has adversely affected performance and why is it that ANALYZE is
deleterious. Is it just this database structure that has been affected?

Tom