I use UPDATE for text columns in the table and any changes are committed to the
hard drive right away (well,
after about 120 ms).

This can be verified by using external tool.  I use SQLite Manager to 'see' the
changes.

I use also sqlite3_blob_write(ppBlob,dataToWrite,dataCount,offsetInTheBlob);
for the BLOB columns.

The changes to the blob are registered “somewhere” and
subsequent SELECT statement is aware of them but I do not see any physical
changes to the database data on the hard drive.
Also looking at the time stamps I do not see that ‘sqlite3_blob_write’ does any
physical i/o!

Closing the blob also seems to do nothing.

Nevertheless, the data seems to be written (flashed?) to the hard drive when
data base is closed.

I wonder if ACID
properties of the data base are assured for incremental write and if yes when
physical
write really happens?

Thank you for reading. Any comment greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Samuel