Hi,

I was surprised to find the "IF NOT EXISTS" syntax missing from
"CREATE VIRTUAL TABLE". I googled and found:

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2604

The workaround suggested on the tracker ("Couldn't you just do a 'drop
table if exists' first?") does not make sense, as it ensures the
emptiness of the table rather than just its existence.

Somebody has submitted a patch, but I'm using the amalgamation sources
and I'd rather not have to keep re-applying patches manually if
there's no good reason not to support the syntax in the official
version.

I'd like to add my vote for this to be fixed.

Thanks,
Hamish