On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:11, Phil Hansen - Info  wrote:

> Found that OO base can be used to access Sqlite.
> However the literature is a bit vague.
> I downloaded the .zip file which should be copied to
> openoffice1.1/user/uno_packages.

Your problem is right there.

The package you downloaded is for OOo 1.x, and you are using OOo 3.x.
That package, and the instructions that go with it, are obsolete.

Install libsqliteodbc in the Ubuntu repository.
(I've forgotten if SQLite also has to be installed.  I automatically
installed both that and SQLite Browser.)

One of the problems with using OOo for SQLite databases, is that the
wizard keeps getting in the way.   :(

Note:  OOo creates everything in Base, then copies the content to the
database that one is actually using.  Likewise, everything is edited
in a Basse database, then copied to the database that is actually
being used.

jonathon