From: Alexey Pechnikov [mailto:pechni...@mobigroup.ru]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 February 2010 12:53
To: Matthew Smith
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Anyone able to access a SQLite database within a
Tclstarpack?

Hello!

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 03:39:58 you wrote:
> Alexey, that is exactly what I have done, but the database is never
> found by the sqlite3 command. When I researched it on Tcl, they said
> that since SQLite is VFS-unaware, it will never work. :(
>
> Have you ever done it and found it successful?

You need sqlitevfs for this. I did see this a some years ago but I can't
find it now.

May be you can copy the database from your starpack into temp dir and open
from temp dir? See example below:

package require sqlite3
file copy -force [file join [info nameofexecutable] test.db] /tmp/test.db
sqlite3 db /tmp/test.db
set text [db onecolumn {select text from test}]

Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/