Simon,

I am very surprise that your SQLite operation can take so
long. Is it a very complicated search? Multiple writes?

>I have a text field that launches a full text search query at every key press.

Can you rearrange your algorithm? How many records do you
search? Do you have to search on every key press?  Do you use proper index keys?

If this takes so long no wonder that you are trying
desperate measures like aborting via qlite3_interrupt. But qlite3_interrupt may
not be your savior.

I had similar problem when I was trying to write every
keyboard stroke to the hard drive. It was painfully slow! I was forced to
rethink my approach, buffer characters and save them on the slow timer tick.

>Do you think there would be any proper places to add
CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPT >calls to the FTS3 code to improve the issue?

Sorry! I do not know. My knowledge of FTS3 code is very
limited.

Regards,
Samuel