----- Original Message ----
>From: Simon Davies <simon.james.dav...@googlemail.com>

>The return from sqlite3_column_text is not valid after subsequent calls to any
>of
>sqlite3_step/sqlite3_reset/sqlite3_finalize.

Yes.

What about void *p  =  sqlite3_column_blob()?
>From my tests it looks that pointer p survives sqlite3_finalize().
Is it just a coincidence?

On the other hand I experienced invalidations of blob handles obtained by
sqlite3_blob_open() after
updating records in an UNRELATED  table.
I could not find description of this behavior in the SQLite documentation. It
may be nature of the beats,  a bug or a "feature".
Unfortunately this behavior may keep me away from using incremental read/write.

Regards,
Samuel