Ed Curren <ecur...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This function will be called several times.  The first time through
> the statment won't be prepared

What do you mean, won't be prepared? How can one obtain a statement handle
without calling prepare?

> so in that case the function will
> call sqlite3_preapre_v2 to prepare the statement.

Note that sqlite3_preapre_v2 doesn't take a statement as a parameter. It takes
a database connection and a SQL string, and _produces_ the statement from them.

Imagine one saying "I have a FILE* handle and I need to call fopen on it", or
"I have a void* pointer and I need to call malloc on it". Well, your question
makes about as much sense.

Igor Tandetnik