As I recall sqlite probably doesn't case about string types included in the
CREATE TABLE field list, so TEXT,  VARCHAR, VARCHAR(200) are identical from
its point of view. Today I needed to increase the number of chars in VARCHAR
statement since the library that uses sqlite actually does care about the
value. So I did it with writable_schema pragma temporary change. Everything
worked but just wondering, what kind of changes are safe if it is absolutely
necessary? I suppose the order of fields and the presence of every one of
them is absolutely necessary, but what about types changes like moving from
INTEGER to TEXT? Also is it possible to add to sqlite a limited ALTER TABLE
.. MODIFY support that could wrap all known "safe" changes and invoking
errors on all "unsafe" ones?

Max