>And, of course, you'll have a table where some rows (old ones) contain
>integers and others (new ones) contain text. SQLite is fine with this,
>but your client software might not be prepared to deal with it. Some
>comparisons might behave in surprising ways.

I imagine that in such case, the best bet is to run a "refresh all"
procedure, updating each row identically, just to have the new affinity
take effect.

Beside the obvious update with every changed column mentionned,

     update tbl set col1 = (select col1 from tbl y where y.rowid =
tbl.rowid),
                    coln = (select coln from tbl y where y.rowid =
tbl.rowid);

do you think of a easier way?