On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:05:58PM -0300, Martin Sigwald scratched on the wall:
> While I could gather, both the open system called generated by the DB and
> the socket() syscall are returning a FD=3.
> That is, they are both trying to use the same filedescriptor. My guess is
> packets get sent to that file descriptor, instead of the port. How can I
> changed this? I just followed standar procedure to allocate a socket:
> sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_ICMP))

  BSD sockets are FDs.

  What "port" are you talking about?  ICMP doesn't use ports.  Ports
  are not interfaces.

  I suggest you get a good book on networking programming and
  debug your networking code.  There is very little chance this is an
  SQLite issue.

  Have you tried putting the ping call before the SQLite calls?
  Between them?

   -j

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs.  We have
 a protractor."   "I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler
 and a piece of string."  --from Anathem by Neal Stephenson