Fredrik Karlsson wrote:
> This is of course another solution. I guess, coming from R, I was
> looking for a substitute for th %in% operator (or the MySQL IN
> operator as it turns out, now that I've Googled this some more) but a
> temp table would also do the trick I guess.

Well, you can generate a statement of the form

select name from mytab where id in (3, 1, 2);

I don't believe either SQLite or MySQL guarantees that the rows will always
come out in the order in which IDs are listed in the IN clause. But I won't be
surprised if they do happen to come out this way, as an implementation detail.
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable relying on such behavior though.
--
Igor Tandetnik