On 26 Apr 2010, at 5:43am, Navaneeth Sen B wrote:

> I just have some doubts on the licensing issues of SQLite.
>
>   1. Being open-source, is my company liable to post back
>      changes/modifications to
>      SQLite? What are the licensing terms & conditions?
>   2. As our present development is on a Linux variant, are there any
>      present
>      feature/functionality that need to be posted back?

The operative page for licensing terms and conditions is

<http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html>

Have someone read and understand that page.  SQLite is Public Domain.  That
basically means you can do anything you like with SQLite apart from pretend you
invented it or stop other people from using it.  However, I am not a lawyer in
India and if you are unsure about your legal situation you should consult a
qualified lawyer.

Your company can modify SQLite however it likes for its own purposes.  Doing
this does not mean that your company 'owns' SQLite in any way: the licensing
terms remain the same.  Your company is not required to reveal what it has
changed or how it has done so.  It can if it wants, but there's no requirement
to do so.  If it does want to contribute changes back to SQLite, these changes
must be released as Public Domain, or they will not be incorporated into future
versions of SQLite.

There is nothing special about compiling SQLite for use with any version of
Linux.  The facilities for all operating systems are equivalent, or as close as
they reasonably can be given how each operating system works.

Simon.